What is the difference between Chatbot Automation and Live Chat?
Chatbot Automation is different from Live Chat because it allows businesses to automate customer communication. This means that the Chatbot can handle all customer queries itself, 24/hours a day, 365 days a year. Live Chat requires a human representative to be available during business hours to interact with customers.
Are chatbots expensive?
No, chatbots are not expensive. They can save businesses money as they will no longer need additional customer service staff.
What are the steps to setting up chatbot automation on a business website?
Choose a Chatbot platform:
- There are many Chatbot platforms available, so it is essential to choose one that meets the business’s specific needs.
- Consider investing in a complete marketing automation software like Sharpspring that can provide everything you need for your marketing efforts and includes a built-in Chatbot.
Outline the conversation workflow:
- Consider all types of conversation you would like the Chatbot to handle, then create an outline of all conversation workflows to program.
- Make sure to include an option for a human representative to step in if the conversation becomes too complicated. Anyone interacting with the Chatbot must be able to send their question to a human if they become frustrated.
Program the Chatbot:
- This process involves working within the software to program the conversation workflows you outlined in the previous step.
- Developer skills are rarely required on most platforms.
Test the Chatbot:
- It is essential to test the Chatbot automation before implementing it on a website to ensure it is working correctly.
- Most chatbot software will allow you to interact with the Chatbot on a preview page where you and your colleagues can ensure it is ready to take live on the business website.
Implement the Chatbot on the business website:
- The final step is to implement the Chatbot onto the business website. This step is usually done by adding a snippet of HTML code to integrate with your website directly, but there can be other options depending on your CMS and the chatbot software you select.
Overall, the benefits of Chatbot Automation far outweigh the disadvantages. Chatbot Automation can help businesses to improve customer service, increase sales, and save money. If you are considering Chatbot Automation for your business, we recommend you go ahead! You will not be disappointed.